How to answer “why do you want to work here?”



How to answer “why do you want to work here?”

Among all other interview question this one looks like a easy one, but its actually not, the way you answer to this question let the interviewer know how much you are interested in this job.


Let we discuss in depth


When you are answering this question, you have to focus on two things, why are you interested in the company and why are you interested in the position.


From your answer the interviewer will know

  • About your career goals.
  • How much you are interested in this job.
  • Whether you are aware of your job role and responsibilities

The interviewer is looking for a person who will fit for the position and enjoy working there.

A good answer will demonstrate you knowledge about the company. You answer may include

  • Company growth
  • Company policies
  • Work culture
  • Reputation of the company

Examples

  • I would be proud to work for a company with such a long history of success in the industry.
  • I have read several articles about the company’s growth and the work culture. And I love to work in such a company.

Examples for how one should not answer this question

  • The company is near to my house
  • My friends are working here
  • It a great company and I love to work here.
  • I heard there were some open positions, so I am here.



The motivation of this article is to give you awareness what the interviewer excepting from you from the question "why do you want to work here?".

I make this article so short and crisp, so its easy for all to understand.

Feel free to comment on this article.

All the best.......
Powered by Blogger.