HOW TO ANSWER "WHY DID YOU LEAVE YOUR LAST JOB?"

Why did you leave your last jobs?


You will always get this question in all interview.


Imagine

If you say “I got fired”, really it will give a bad opinion.


Not to worry there are lots of ways to answer this question. I will show you.


The main reason to ask this question is:

To find whether you are a good employee or bad employee. The answer will let the interviewer understand your behavior.


The interviewer is checking:

·       Whether you have a good reason for leaving your job

·       Are you running away or pursuing a new opportunity

·       Will you value work and have a sense of obligation.



Keep these things in mind while answering this question:

·       You’re moving on to a better opportunity.

·       You have no hard feeling against your former employer.

·       You value work and have a sense of obligation.


Never lie during an interview, but avoid the followings:

·       Badmouthing a former employer even if that is fact

·       Don’t victimize yourself


Interview may also ask:

·       Why did you leave a particular job

·       Why there is a carrier gap

·       Why were you fired



How to answer example:


Wrong: I got fired because I did not get along with my supervisor. We went together like peanut butter and asparagus, she was the asparagus, obviously.


correct: I am leaving my current job to pivot into a different industry. As you can see, I left good terms with my former employer as he is one of my references.

Powered by Blogger.